Before you come to New York City for a breast augmentation, there are things that you need to understand. Yes, as doctors, we can talk to you about what to expect, what size you want, and other relevant factors. However, you should be prepared before you schedule your first appointment. You are investing time in talking to us, and some things may shorten your consultation time or tell you if you need to wait before you even come in.
Then again, if you know the facts about breast implants, it may confirm for you that you are moving in the right direction. If you are interested in getting the surgery, it may just prepare you so that you will not be surprised by what is to come.
8 Things You May Not Know about the Best Breast Augmentation in New York
- You May Get an Unexpected Answer: Depending on your size right now, you may not be able to get bigger breasts. If you try, they may be oddly shaped. Your breasts could sit too high, or they may look rounder than they should be. We may recommend that you consider going bigger, or at least consider it. Before you come in, be prepared for these curveballs, and be open to new ideas.
- Prepare Your Home & Clothes: If you need looser shirts that also button up, this could make a significant difference in the way you experience your recovery. Also, something as simple as buying your groceries and doing your laundry beforehand could reduce your stress as you heal.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Prescription Drugs: Painkillers can be your friend. If you do not have them, you could face potentially severe discomfort and pain. You don’t have to tolerate extra pain with a smile on your face. We may recommend painkillers like Vicodin, which are proven to significantly reduce pain and improve your experience if you do it right. However, if you do not like the idea of drugs like Vicodin, we can also prescribe alternatives like IBUprofen.
- Touch Your Breasts: When you first change your breast size, it will be new and exciting. Even if you love the size, though, you will still need time to adjust. Your adjustment period will be significantly faster and more pleasant, and it will be faster if you touch them, look at them, and make an active effort to move forward early on. Breasts will be heavier at first, which is the biggest adjustment you will have to make, but it will become more normal
- Take a Walk: You may want to take a few days off to heal. However, this does not mean that you should stay down. Yes, you should avoid strenuous exercise during your 8-week recovery. However, you should also take a walk on a regular basis. Get the blood flowing, and your body will heal faster.
- You Don’t Have to Tell Everyone: Yes, some people will notice right off the bat. If you go significantly bigger, there are undoubtedly people who will notice. You don’t have to announce it if you don’t want to, though. If sharing your new breasts makes you feel better, feel free to tell people around you and show it off. If you feel fabulous, but you have reservations about how people will react, you don’t have to tell a single soul.
- Ask for Help: Whether you need a ride after your surgery or to follow up appointments, or if you require assistance preparing food or getting your groceries, don’t be afraid to ask for help. You don’t need to hire a professional nurse. Just ask a friend or family member who you trust to help you out as they can. You might not realize how many people are perfectly willing to help you out.
- Call Your Doctor: If you have any questions or concerns, whether before or after your surgery, never be afraid to call your doctor. Many patients have hesitated because they feel silly. It’s better to ask questions and find out that there are no real problems than to find out that you should’ve called.
A New York City Breast Augmentation May Be Easier than You Think
If you have any concerns, or even if you have a simple question, never be afraid to talk to your doctor. If you call our offices, we can answer your questions quickly so that you can move forward. If there are serious concerns, don’t hesitate to tell us. The last thing we want is for you to downplay a serious problem because you are concerned about how it will look.
If you come in for the best breast augmentation in New York, most surgeries are uneventful. You have paid for bigger breasts. We are here to help to the end. To get started, just visit our website.