Ask Your Doctor a Few Simple Questions before Committing to Affordable Tummy Tucks in NYCCan you get your pre-pregnancy tummy back? Will you look like you did (or wish you did) in your 20’s? Some people think of a tummy tuck as an in and out procedure that will get them back to their reunion in no time at all. The truth is that a tummy tuck is a serious surgery, and it takes time to heal and get back to the way you used to feel. Whether or not you have talked to a doctor, you should always understand what is realistic and what you should expect from a tummy tuck. When you visit your doctor, though, there are a few simple questions to ask. Nobody wants to have an unnecessary scar, and they don’t want to go in for multiple surgeries.
- How Often Do You Perform Tummy Tucks?Even the most experienced surgeon should always practice on a regular basis. This allows them to keep up on the latest innovation, and it also helps any surgeon to keep their skills fresh. If they do not perform tummy tucks every month at the very least, they may be getting rusty. The more a doctor practices, though, the better they get. The same rules apply to surgeons just as they would to anybody else.
- Am I Prepared for a Tummy Tuck Right Now?You may or may not get the answer you are looking for, but you should always take your doctor’s advice. You should always be at or near your ideal weight before you consider a tummy tuck. This will help you to maximize the effects and avoid more loose skin in the future. We do not have any assumptions about what weight you feel comfortable with. So we will depend largely on you to be honest about your goals. We also assess any potential complications to ensure that you are healthy enough for surgery.
- What Type of Tummy Tuck Surgery Is Best for Me?Patients are sometimes confused about how tummy tucks work. They don’t know what kind of surgery is best for them. Some even mistakenly believe that there is only one type of tummy tuck. Depending on how severe the sagging is, two basic types of tummy tuck leave different scars and address different severities of sagging. A mini tummy tuck may be the preferred alternative, but this only works if you only have mild sagging. If you have more severe sagging, you will need a full tummy tuck to get the best results.
- What Kind of Results Can I Expect from a Tummy Tuck?Some doctors may recommend a small amount of liposuction to get smoother and better results. Others may find that a tummy tuck alone is enough. Of course, what you can expect will vary, and doctors should not give you a generic answer. They should always meet with you before making any promises or making any professional assessment of the situation.
- What Kind of Risks Can I Expect with My Tummy Tuck?When you come in for a tummy tuck, there are some risks involved. You are coming in for a real surgery, and you need to give yourself time to properly heal. This will mean taking some time off work. After that, you will still need to do more work to recover without too many complications. Soreness is common, but a doctor can prescribe painkillers. Some patients may experience infections when the incision is not properly taken care of, and swelling is common. It’s your body’s way of healing itself. However, you can minimize both pain and excess swelling with compression garments.