Large Volume Liposuction Is Possible for Some PatientsLarge volume liposuction can be done. For the average patient, though, liposuction is limited to a few pounds of fat. It’s not a weight loss procedure. Large volume liposuction is designed to kick start weight loss for some obese patients in NYC and elsewhere. It often removes areas of fat that make it harder to exercise. Doctors conduct rigorous evaluations before scheduling any surgeries, though. Some patients may fish for a doctor who will do it if they get a no early on. If you want long-term results, though, the best thing you can do is listen to your doctor and follow their advice.
What You Should Know about Liposuction Going InThere’s no doubt doctors want the best results when they talk to patients in New York about liposuction. Patients want to get what they pay for. Above all else, patients should know what liposuction doctors can’t do.
- Tighten Loose, Saggy Skin: Liposuction removes fat. If your skin is sagging or loose, though, it won’t tighten to fit your new curves. A tummy tuck or other similar procedures could be the primary procedure. Liposuction is often used to remove stubborn fat for smooth results.
- Remove Stretch Marks: Stretch marks can happen at any time. Some kids get them during growth spurts. Women can develop stretch marks when they gain weight or get pregnant. These are scars. Some may fall in the areas of skin doctors are removing during a tummy tuck. Liposuction isn’t designed to remove them, though.
- Fight Cellulite: One of the only known ways to fight cellulite is through diet and exercise. This thin layer of fat under the skin cannot be sucked away through liposuction.
- Substitute for Diet and Exercise: One of the most important things you can do when getting liposuction is follow a healthy diet and exercise program. This helps you to get to your ideal weight and then keep it off. Liposuction removes fat cells. It doesn’t prevent you from adding fat to remaining cells.
- Replace Bariatric Surgery: Liposuction is designed to remove fat. It doesn’t reduce the size of your stomach or replace weight loss surgery. Large volume lipo is sometimes used to do things like making exercise easier. You can gain it back if you don’t make significant changes, though.