Signs Patients in Long Island Might Need Tummy TucksIt’s easy to say you should consider tummy tucks if you have saggy skin around your torso. Many patients in Long Island aren’t sure about what that means, though. What does saggy skin look like, and when is it severe enough to consider tummy tucks? Many patients seek it out after pregnancy or significant weight loss. They’ve done the work to get back to their ideal weight. The saggy skin around their tummy prevents them from seeing the full benefits, though. How can you tell the difference between a little extra skin and fat without talking to the best tummy tuck doctors? You might notice a few things including:
- Creases: When you have too much loose skin, you might notice a crease in the abdominal skin.
- Overhang: If you have excess fat in the abdominal area, you might have a bulge of excess fat hanging over your pants. Overhang occurs when the skin starts to fall over your underwear or pants.
- Frowning Belly Button: Sagging doesn’t have to be severe enough to make a noticeable impact on the belly button for tummy tucks. Patients in Long Island sometimes take advantage of mini tummy tucks before that. When the belly button starts “frowning,” it’s a sign of sagging skin.
- Wrinkled Skin: When skin loses its elasticity, you’ll notice wrinkles. The skin around the tummy is no exception. When you notice wrinkling around the tummy, you might want to explore tummy tucks.
- Double-Bubble: When your skin starts to sag, you might notice two bulges of skin. They fall above and below the belly button.