For many patients with a stubborn belly, liposuction seems like the easy answer. Doctors in New York might recommend liposuction on its own or with other procedures. Sometimes, liposuction isn’t the right procedure at all, though. This procedure gets rid of stubborn fat, but what if your problem is loose skin?
This is when patients discuss tummy tucks with experts near them. Skin is meant to be more elastic, bouncing back when we lose weight. It can stretch too quickly or lose elasticity. These two things could happen simultaneously causing saggy skin with plenty of stretch marks. You may have some stubborn fat in the belly as well. It’s often hard to tell if the skin is not taut, though. What should you look for before visiting the best tummy tuck doctors?
Signs Patients in Long Island Might Need Tummy Tucks
It’s easy to say you should consider tummy tucks if you have saggy skin around your torso. Many patients in Long Island aren’t sure about what that means, though. What does saggy skin look like, and when is it severe enough to consider tummy tucks? Many patients seek it out after pregnancy or significant weight loss. They’ve done the work to get back to their ideal weight. The saggy skin around their tummy prevents them from seeing the full benefits, though.
How can you tell the difference between a little extra skin and fat without talking to the best tummy tuck doctors? You might notice a few things including:
- Creases: When you have too much loose skin, you might notice a crease in the abdominal skin.
- Overhang: If you have excess fat in the abdominal area, you might have a bulge of excess fat hanging over your pants. Overhang occurs when the skin starts to fall over your underwear or pants.
- Frowning Belly Button: Sagging doesn’t have to be severe enough to make a noticeable impact on the belly button for tummy tucks. Patients in Long Island sometimes take advantage of mini tummy tucks before that. When the belly button starts “frowning,” it’s a sign of sagging skin.
- Wrinkled Skin: When skin loses its elasticity, you’ll notice wrinkles. The skin around the tummy is no exception. When you notice wrinkling around the tummy, you might want to explore tummy tucks.
- Double-Bubble: When your skin starts to sag, you might notice two bulges of skin. They fall above and below the belly button.
Discuss the Best Tummy Tuck for You with Doctors in New York
You’ve inspected your tummy for signs of sagging and decided it’s time to discuss tummy tucks with an expert in Long Island. If you didn’t know before, you’d find out you can get a few different tummy tucks. It all depends on how severe your sagging is and where it sags. For example, if your belly button hasn’t moved and the sagging is on the lower half of the belly, a mini tummy tuck is less invasive and can do the job.
When the sagging is more noticeable above the bellybutton, we recommend a reverse tummy tuck. This pulls the skin up using an incision just below the breasts. Especially when patients are also considering breast surgery, it can be an ideal option.
Finally, you might need a full tummy tuck. This procedure is only used when sagging is more severe. Patients have sagging across the tummy, and the belly button is moved back to its proper place during the procedure. When you come to the best tummy tuck doctors, we work with you to find the best options for your money.
Should You Also Get Liposuction with Doctors in New York?
Many of our patients combine their tummy tucks with liposuction to get better results. When you come to our clinic in Long Island, we assess your unique situation. Liposuction can smooth out unsightly lumps around the tummy while improving the overall shape. The more skin you have, the more likely fat is to hide beneath. Some patients don’t need it, though. We can help you differentiate to ensure you’re always satisfied.